Decision to Extend the Pausing Period Brought to Prevent the Loss of Rights in the Jurisdiction
ARTICLE 1 – ”In order to prevent the spread of Covid-19 pandemic in Turkey and the loss of rights that may arise in the jurisdiction; the stopping period regulated in the Paragraph 1 of the Provisional Article 1 of the Law Numbered 7226 on Amendments of Some Laws, is extended from 1 May 2020 (including this date) to 15 June 2020 (including this date) except for the periods of mandatory administrative applications stipulated in the Public Procurement Law No. 4734 (to be re-evaluated in case the danger of the pandemic spreading disappears previously).”
Regarding the periods paused;
- All the periods regarding the use of a right, including filing a lawsuit, initiating enforcement proceedings, application, complaint, objection, warning, notification, submission and limitation periods, foreclosures and mandatory administrative application periods,
The periods determined in terms of the parties in the Civil Procedures Law, the Administrative Judgment Procedure Law, the Criminal Procedure Law and other laws including procedural provisions and the periods determined by the judge in this context,
Periods regarding alternative solution methods such as mediation and reconciliation ARE PAUSED from 13 March 2020 to 15 June 2020,
- The periods determined in the Enforcement and Bankruptcy Law and other laws regarding the enforcement law ARE PAUSED from 22 March 2020 to 15 June 2020.
Regarding the periods which are about to expire;
- The periods which have less than 15 days to be expired as of the start date of this pausing period shall be considered to be extended fifteen days starting from the following day (16June 2020) of the day the stopping period ends.
If the sales day was previously announced in the enforcement proceeding;
- In case that the sales day was previously announced, these transactions shall continue to be paused. After 15 June, a new sales day will be determined. In this case, the sale announcements will only be made electronically and this announcement will not be charged for.
Regarding the continuing periods;
- Periods of limitation regulated by law for crime and punishment, misdemeanor and administrative sanction and disciplinary arrest and preventive detention,
- The periods regarding the protection measures regulated under the Code of Criminal Procedure,
- The deadlines for the transactions to complete the interim injunctions regulated under the Code of Civil Procedure
WILL NOT BE PAUSED.
Regarding the postponement of the hearings;
- The hearings in the first-instance Judicial and Administrative Judicial Authorities and the Regional Courts of Justice and Regional Administrative Courts are postponed until June 15, with the decision of the Board of Judges and Prosecutors.
- In terms of the Supreme Court and the Council of State, the postponement date of the hearings will be decided by the Board of Presidents of these Courts.
Depending on the situation of the pandemic, it will be possible to change the postponement dates.
FOR MORE DETAILS , CONSULT THE ARTICLE’s WRITER
Yalçın & Toygar Law Office
Kabatas-Setustu, Inebolu Sok. No:25 Ada Apt. D.11 34427 Istanbul
+90 212 293 09 09
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org