MEASURES NEEDED TO BE TAKEN IN THE WORKPLACES UNDER THE PANDEMIC MANAGEMENT AND WORKING GUIDE OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH -OFFICES AND BUREAUS
Within the scope of the normalization process started upon the gradual decrease of the effects of coronavirus which shows its effects in our country and in the world and many business organizations have started to work again. In this process, measures to be taken in the work areas are very important for the protection of both customers and employees. The measures to be taken for the workplaces operating in closed areas such as bureaus and offices are specified within the scope of the Pandemic Management and Working Guide of the Ministry of Health and they are as follows:
- Posters should be posted on the measures needed be taken within the scope of COVID-19 at the entrance/visible places of the bureaus and offices and it should make sure that these posters are read by the personnel and customers, there should be warnings in the posters and at the entrances about the customers and personnel who have symptoms such as fever, cough, runny nose, and shortness of breath should not enter the workplace and hand antiseptic or at least 70% alcohol-containing cologne should be kept at the entrance and other suitable places of the workplace.
- Employees should be informed about COVID-19, possible ways of transmission and prevention measures.
- The workplaces should be arranged as one person per 4 square meters by maintaining the social distance (at least 1 meter, 3-4 steps).
- Individuals coming to the workplace should enter the bureau/office alone and accompaniers should be encouraged to stay outside.
- Guests should not be accepted to the workplace.
- Anything besides water should not be offered to the individuals who come to the workplace.
- It should be ensured that the customers entering the workplace wear masks (cloth masks will be sufficient). At the entrance, masks should be available for those without a mask.
- Customers should not touch the surfaces unless they have to, they should use hand antiseptic if they do.
- If possible, contactless payments should be preferred for payments by credit cards.
- It should be ensured that customers stay as short as possible in the workplace.
- Personnel with symptoms such as fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath should not be worked. If these symptoms are observed while working, the personnel should be directed to the health institution while a medical mask on.
- In the workplace, the working order should be planned with the minimum number of personnel required.
- Employees should be warned to maintain social distance from other employees and customers.
- All working personnel should wear a mask according to the rules, the mask should be changed when it is moist or dirty and hand antiseptic should be used before and after changing.
- Personnel should be warned to wash their hands with soap and water at the start/end of the working day and also during the day and to pay attention to hand hygiene, and it should be ensured that they pay attention to it. To ensure hand hygiene, hands should be washed with water and soap for at least 20 seconds and alcohol-based hand antiseptics should be used in the absence of water and soap. It is not necessary to use soap containing antiseptic, normal soap is enough.
- Social distance for at least 1 meter should be maintained and a mask should be worn in the resting areas. While eating or drinking water / tea / coffee, it should be ensured that there is not more than one person at the same time in the closed area where this is done since the mask will be removed while these actions.
- Cleaning should be done with water and detergent regularly, every day at workplace, attention especially should be paid to the cleaning of frequently woven surfaces (door handles, telephone handsets, cabinet and table surfaces). For this purpose, 1/10 diluted (half a small tea glass to 5 litres of water) bleach (Sodium hypochlorite Cas No: 7681-52-9) may be used for disinfection after cleaning with water and detergent. Chlorine compounds may cause corrosion on the surfaces. It is a recommended disinfectant for durable surfaces. 1/10 diluted bleach (Sodium hypochlorite Cas No: 7681-52-9) should be used for toilet disinfection. Disinfection should be provided by wiping with 70% alcohol for the computer keyboards, telephone and other device surfaces, which are not suitable for cleaning with chlorine compounds.
- It should be ensured that cleaning personnel wear medical masks and gloves. After cleaning, personnel should take off their masks and gloves, throw them in the litter bin with lids and wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Disposable paper towels should be placed in the toilets. Hand dryers with air should not be operated.
- The doors and windows of the workplaces should be opened and ventilated frequently. Ventilation of workplaces with central ventilation systems should be arranged to ensure clean air circulation, maintenance of ventilation systems and filter changes should be done in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Free-standing air-conditioners and ventilators should not be used.
FOR MORE DETAILS , CONSULT THE ARTICLE’s WRITER
Yalçın & Toygar Law Office
Kabatas-Setustu, Inebolu Sok. No:25 Ada Apt. D.11 34427 Istanbul
+90 212 293 09 09
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org